A North Californian man, who claimed to have an explosive device in a pickup truck near the U.S. Capitol Hill, has surrendered to the police force after an hours-long standoff on 19th August. Police have identified the man as 49-year-old Floyd Ray Roseberry of Groover, North California was being taken out into law enforcement custody soon before 14:30 hrs.
The US Capitol law enforcement wrote on Twitter that the incident provoked several buildings in the area to be vacated as officials responded to an active bomb threat probe. The suspect had a history of supporting Donald Trump, ex-US President, who said all Democrats need to step down was arrested on Thursday.
MEDIA ALERT: This is an active bomb threat investigation. The staging area for journalists covering this situation is at Constitution and First Street, NW for your safety.
Please continue to avoid the area around the Library of Congress. pic.twitter.com/jTNVaBmVwR
— U.S. Capitol Police (@CapitolPolice) August 19, 2021
Later, on Thursday, United States Capitol Police (USCP) said in a press release that the USCP safely took “a bomb threat suspect” into its custody and cleared the vehicle in the afternoon. Moreover, the US Capitol law enforcement has now strong-minded the area is safe and secure; however, investigators are still there on the scene. Also, USCP investigators are working meticulously with the USAO-DC (United States Attorney’s Office for District of Columbia) for the determination of charges.
“Suspect Wants To Make A Change”
USCP stated no bomb was found in the suspect’s pickup truck, but Ray Roseberry did keep suspected bomb-making material.
On Floyd Ray Roseberry’s removed “Facebook page,” he recurrently made pro-Donald Trump demonstrations and posted visuals from ex-US President Trump’s Million MAGA MARCH on 14th November last year.
In the video posted on Thursday, the suspect called himself a loyalist. Moreover, he said he does not care if Donald Trump ever becomes American President once more but also that he ponders all Demos need to step down.
Furthermore, Christopher Roseberry, Floyd Ray Roseberry’s son, told CNN Thursday that he completely comprehends what motivated his father’s actions. However, he doesn’t know regarding his father’s intentions to move to Washington D.C. Christopher Roseberry said that his father was at home recent night, and he guesses his stepmom woke up that morning and father was gone, adding it was just a typical day, but it is of course not.
Roseberry’s son said that his father communicated political disappointments with him after the 2020 Presidential election. He said Roseberry didn’t remark violence, though adding, his father just expressed that he wants to make a change.