According to the statement released from the White House, Donald Trump, the President of the United States, tested negative for the coronavirus epidemic. Trump said during the Saturday news conference that he took the test on Friday because recently, he comes in contact with two peoples with positive coronavirus tests. Previously, Trump declared emergency yesterday amid coronavirus outspread.
The statement about Trump’s virus results released by Stephanie Grisham, the press secretary, said that yesterday night after detail dialog with him regarding the testing of COVID-19, he decided to proceed. Seven days after having dinner with Mar-a-Lago, the Brazilian delegation, Trump remains corona symptom-free.
Grisham further added that she has contact with the White House Task Force and CDC on a daily basis to encourage the implementation of all their best actions for spread mitigation and exposure drop. On Saturday, Trump said that the health team also took his test for temperature before entering the briefing room of White House. He told the reporters that the doctors reported his test normal.
Previously, the physician of White House said in a note that Trump remains safe without symptoms of COVID-19. On a question about the results of the test, the U.S. President said that it would take around 24 to 48 hours. And he took the decision to carry on the test because the press is going crazy about him.
The decision of the President to have the test comes after he said he didn’t concern about coming into deep contact with the official of Brazil, who tested positive for the coronavirus this week. Jair Bolsonaro, the press secretary for the President of Brazil and Brazilian charge d’affaires in Washington, also tested positive for the virus, a few days after they met with the U.S. President at Mar-a-Lago in Florida.
A Memo from the White House medical Doctor
The medical doctor of the White House released a note on Friday at midnight saying that the President remains symptomless for the virus, and there no need to quarantine. Mike Pence, the Vice President of the U.S., announced on Saturday to ban all travel from Ireland and the U.K. for certain foreign citizens, effective midnight on Monday. The announcement will not affect the U.S. nationals.
“This evening, I received confirmation that the test is negative,” the White House physician said in a statement. “The president remains symptom free.” https://t.co/yqxSxRIGVQ
— The New York Times (@nytimes) March 15, 2020
The same prohibitions that are a part of the previous existing travel restrictions of Europe will also be applicable to the United Kingdom and Ireland. Furthermore, Pence said that yet he has not been tested for pandemic but will be happy to be tested. On Saturday, the White House said it would start conducting temperature checks on people having close contact with Donald Trump as well as Pence.
Before the Saturday briefing, the task force of the White House, along with the press members had checked for their temperatures. One individual tested with a temperature of 99.9 degrees among the tested ones. Director of National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Disease, Dr. Anthony Fauci said in the briefing room of White House on Saturday that they did not reach their peak. He added, there will be more infected cases and more deaths, mainly among susceptible elder individuals.