The administration of Donald Trump officially announced a public health emergency in the U.S. over coronavirus outbreak, and also said that some specific overseas nationals supposed to pose a risk of spreading the virus would provisionally ban entry to the United States. Moreover, some citizens of America returning from China somewhat at risk and the authorities isolated them.
Alex Azar, the Health and Human Services Secretary of the United States, said that the U.S. President ordered the officials to stop the entry of any other foreign nationals in the state who visited China within last fourteen days, instead of the U.S. citizens family members.
Azar added while speaking to reporters that any national of the United States, working or living in the Hubei Province of China, the coronavirus epicenter province – during the last two weeks, will refer to fourteen days of compulsory isolation to confirm they received health screening and proper medication.
In addition, U.S. nationals from coming Sunday coming back from other cities and regions of mainland China will also face screening tests as well as about 14 days of monitoring along with self-quarantine. The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the United States, Robert Redfield, said that the risk to the U.S. citizens is still low.
At the news briefing at White House, Redfield added that about 191 people in the United States were being examined for the deadly coronavirus. Azar shows his satisfaction about the protective measures and associates them with the words such as appropriate, preventative and fairly incremental. However, the officials of the United States still wanted to certify it would keep on a low risk to the U.S. nationals.
Incoming Flights from China restricted to Seven Airports
Ken Cuccinelli, acting deputy secretary of Homeland Security of the United States, said that inbound flights from China would restrict to seven airports, such as John F. Kennedy International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport, Atlanta, San Francisco, Honolulu Chicago’s O’Hare and Seattle from coming Sunday.
He gave the briefing after markets plunged due to the uncertainties about the fast-transmitting potential economic impact of the coronavirus. The officials of the Trump administration observed a noteworthy drop in the number of passengers travelling between the United States and China. However, the U.S.-bound flow was stronger as U.S. citizens return.
Major U.S. airlines announced to stop mainland China service
Yesterday, some major airlines of the United States including United Airlines, American Airlines and United Air Lines announced to halt their central China service. Furthermore, they back their action by saying that they would terminate all remaining service to the publicize destination after a warning from a State Department put a barrier on demands for flights there.
Air traffic between China and the United States flowed during the last ten years. According to consulting organization International Coach Federation (ICF), there were over 4,880 flights yearly in 2009 between the two world economies whereas last year it was over 17,760 flights.
A large number of airlines all over the world condensed or cut China service, due to which the country becoming isolated gradually. Additionally, the airlines stated that tickets sale for mainland China dropped suddenly, a negative trend that will probably upset their revenues in the first quarter of 2020.
Similarly, several other prominent corporations of the United States, including Kraft Heinz, Apple and Ford already limited China business travel or scaled back operation of their employees due to the outbreak.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) isolated around 195 American citizens earlier Friday, who return from the Chinese city, Wuhan. As of latest reports around 11,791 infected with the coronavirus across the world and it took about 259 lives in China.